Looking for inspiration?

The Deeper Learning with WeVideo podcast with @nathan.lang-raad has been going strong. I’m curious:

• Is there an episode that stood our for you?

• What was a key takeaway from the episode?

Can’t wait to hear what you learned. :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Dr. Lori Social Emotional Learning & Neuroscience with Dr. Lori Desautels (Ep 40)

2 Likes

engaging students through the application of neuroscience as it applies to attachment, regulation, and educator brain state, and teaching students and staff about their neuroanatomy

2 Likes

Great insight. Thanks! :star_struck:

2 Likes

- Is there an episode that stood our for you?

Collaboration on WeVideo & Wakelet Spaces with Misbah Gedal (Ep 31)
- What was a key takeaway from the episode?
In this episode, Misbah shares news about the new Wakelet Spaces and how WeVideo can be used in collaboration projects to empower students creativity and enhance their motivation.

1 Like

My favorite episode that I’ve gotten to so far is episode 14 with Dr. Jennifer Williams. She is an inspiration and has fundamentally changed the way I teach. Some of the key take aways from this episode were that we, as teachers, have the opportunity to help the students who are so passionate about different causes share their voice with the world. Meeting Dr. Williams and listening to her, she has helped me know what my “why” of teaching is and I think will continue to be.

1 Like

Dr. Jennifer Williams. She is an example as reinvention is part of her.
Our role is key to inspiring our students and feeling complete confidence that they can feel our support.

1 Like

This is super inspiring @ronald.m.nober. It’s so important to start with why. Thanks for being an amazing educator!

Great episode. Thanks @diaaeldein.yossry.hassan.ahmed!

1 Like

I appreciate the kind words. :pray:t3:

1 Like

Good information, inspire os the key to win result

1 Like

Our role is fundamental to be inspiring to this community of students

1 Like

Nice information…

1 Like

I think that the episode on Social Emotional Learning and how it ties together with Neuroscience had the greatest impact for me because I feel that for a teacher to be effective they have to teach the whole child.

1 Like

I appreciate the kind words

Very cool @edtechmac Great episode! :grinning:

The episode that stood out for me was, “Humanizing Distance Learning”. The first take away was the idea that we are trying to use practices that were not working in the classroom before virtual learning and now expecting them to work in a distance learning setting, specifically compliance type activities. The second takeaway was that perhaps the remediation strategies we put in place for students don’t work because there is a deeper issue.

1 Like

Deep learning is always important for education, but it also increases focus.

1 Like

I listened to the Gamification Podcast. I like hearing what others are doing in this area. The guest, Drew made it sound non-threatening and fun. I am going to follow him on Twitter.

1 Like